Replacing the Ford Ranger w/a used Toyota pickup--help pls!

soozAugust 1, 2007

The Ranger's been a good little pickup truck. It's a 1985 model, automatic tranny, no a/c, just a radio, and we've put 137,000 miles on it with no major problem.

We just decided this morning to check out a used Toyota pickup, but haven't determined much more than we want a Toyota with a/c and automatic transmission. We don't have snow here in So. Cal, and we're not hauling huge heavy loads either. Don't need an extended cab or frills.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something maybe 4 or 5 years old? We plan to check out the Consumer Rpts used car issue at the Library on Friday, but meanwhile, I'm hoping to get input here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Smiles,

Sooz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

I have had a 2WD 1997 Toyota Tacoma for 7 years now. It is pretty basic with the only options being a/c, a bed liner, and a cd player.

It has been a great little truck with now 150,000 miles and I have had very little trouble over the years.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 9:09AM
sooz

Thanks! We are looking/test driving some Toyota trucks today!

Smiles,
Sooz

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 3:32PM
bill_h

i`ve had both rangers and toyotas both good trucks, i would rate the ranger as more of a soft truck comfortable nice riding, the toyota more of a work truck, harder riding more spartan interior. both brands served me well.

Bookmark   August 5, 2007 at 5:08AM
More Discussions
want to purchase new Car
Hi guys .i want to purchase new car but I am confused..need...
Bill Payday
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
rotor problems
I think I just got "taken for a ride" by...
jill1273
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™