Wolf/Sub/Bosch.... making sure!

kce2012March 20, 2012

Posted here a few weeks ago about choosing the package for my new house and after much useful feedback, I went with the following:

Wolf 48" 4-burner / double griddle range top

Bosch 800-series double convection ovens

Bosch 800-series convection MW

Bosch 800-series integrated DW

SZ 48" built-in fridge w/external dispenser

Vent-A-Hood 900 CFM cabinet liner/blower

Was able to get all the above for under $20k with tax and certified installation; extending the warranty to 3-years. I'm happy but just wanted to make sure that I didn't leave anything out or overlook anything. I know I got a lot of suggestions for Miele but the price difference over Bosch is significant to say the least, especially on the ovens.

Does anyone have experience with the double griddle? I thought about the 6-burner and single griddle but I think I'll get much more use out of the double griddle than the extra two burners.

Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alishfran

What was the decision factor on the Bosch ovens? I am stuck on my double oven decision (Wolf, Thermador, Dacor or Bosch) so interested in your thoughts on the Bosch. I am going with the SZ 42" BI w/ disp but even with the rebate, not sure I can also splurge on the ovens with a Wolf.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 2:37PM
andi_k

Where are you getting them from? My appliances are similar but we got a quote for 24K!

I'm doing double griddle also bc a few folks I know say the single is just too small to do anything with.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 8:36PM
kce2012

Decision factor on the Bosch specifically compared to the Wolf is price. The Bosch is less than half the cost of the Wolf and since we don't bake a lot, I could not justify it. Also, the Bosch oven has a huge capacity (4.7cf) for when we do use it. With regards to Thermador, the Bosch is the same as both the pro and the Masterpiece but the pro has a rotisserie and the analog clock... I have a DCS grill with a rotisserie so I don't need it. I also looked at Dacor and I didn't want to mix too many names especially since we're going with a double oven & MW stacked... and again price as a factor. Bottom line, Bosch has excellent reviews and I was able to up the warranty to three years so that was a big plus.

I bought my appliances at Factory Builder Stores in my area (Southlake, Texas). The reason for the relatively low price is that I got a new SZ fridge that was ordered and never delivered so that was discounted a couple of thousand bucks and Bosch is currently running a 15% rebate.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
Bluestar Precious Metals - Infused copper
Greetings, I am getting ready to order a 36" 6...
pitcom
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™