Give me a wine!!! Chrysler is giving me trouble!

sharon620August 13, 2006

Hello Everyone

I am having a problem with my 06 Cherokee. To make a long story short, the paint is peeling off the front bumper. Everytime I wash it the paint peels more. Chrysler will not cover it because they say it is scratched but yet it continues to peel off across the bumper far away from the scratch that is about this big. ---

I am so upset

Can I please have your input?

Thank you

Sharon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Half-seriously? Buy yourself a clunker of a vehicle. You seem to have very bad luck with new vehicles.

More seriously: You don't say how far up the food chain you've gone with Chrysler. Whoever is saying 'no' has a boss. Talk to that person. If it's the service writer, talk to the owner of the dealership. If it's the owner of the dealership, talk to the Chrysler "zone rep". If it's the zone rep, find out who (s)he reports to. And so on and so on. You could even try writing in to "Ask Dr. Z" to see what "he" says about the situation. They ask for enough personal information that someone in Customer Service may respond.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ask Dr. Z.

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 7:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gary__

Worked at a couple dealerships myself. The ones I worked for did stuff all the time under warranty that really shouldn't have been. Whether or not that's a good thing is can be debated because someone pays even if the vehicle owner doesn't.

Does the dealership you went too actually have a body shop? If they do, I don't know why they wouldn't just repair it if the paint is still under warranty. It would be no skin off the shops nose. Service writer fills out paperwork indicating paint delamination on the bumper. Their body shop fixes it. They get paid for the repair from the manufacturer, though at a lower rate than if you as a customer had to pay for the repair.

If it's out of warranty, that's another story. Even though the paint shouldn't become delaminated due to a scratch, you're at their mercy. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 8:11AM
More Discussions
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Hey All
This Is Sophie.I Am New To This Forum.
sophie18
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™