Best trailer?

jscozzAugust 3, 2005

I am looking for a utility trailer for hauling my lawn tractor, loads of lumber/supplies from Home Depot, furniture, etc... about 10 times a year I rent a truck, have things delivered or want to use my lawn tractor at my parents house and can't, so I am sure it will pay for itself...

I am looking for a 6x12 open trailer with ramp and screw jack... good quality... solid sides. I have looked at the Pace trailers at Home depot, and have a trailer dealer that sells BigTex and EZDump... anyone have any recommendations on what brand is best quality?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_h

just look for good build quality, good welds, large tires 12 inch or bigger, smaller 8 inch tend to go bad at highway speeds. you might also want to check on the lawn mower and tractor forum under gardens those guys could give you some insight.

Bookmark   August 3, 2005 at 8:23PM
christopherh

The landscape trailers sold at Home Desperado are just what you're looking for. 15" wheels, good quality and will haul what you want. Just be sure your vehicle can haul the weight too. The trailers weigh about 500 to 600 pounds dry and loading it can run it up to about 1,500 pounds. They usualy have a 2,500 pound rated axle assembly so even a minivan that'll tow 2,000 pounds will work. Just be sure you have the correct hitch assembly.

I have 2 enclosed cargo trailers that I use in my crafts business. One is a 10 year old Haulmark that I just can't kill. And I just got a new "Haulin" trailer and with the ramp door it's great. And since they're enclosed, I can use them for dry storage when needed.

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 7:34AM
oleycow

Check out "Bear Tracks". They are all aluminum, 13" radials, and have an arched bifold gate/ramp so mower decks can clear. I love mine!

Bookmark   August 8, 2005 at 12:44AM
More Discussions
Running rich?
01 Taurus, Vulcan motor.owned for 4 months. Ran ok...
stoveguyy
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
Blown tire on a dying car........
Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission...
catherinet
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™