Problem keeps re occuring

Benny_SAugust 28, 2005

I currently own a 92' Pontiac Bonneville, now my problem is this... Whenever I decelerate(brake) there is a "pop" sound once i reach 2000 rpm in 2nd gear generally, now i also hear this sound sometimes when I go over bumps. Not that this is serious however, i recently had an issue driving down the highway and all of the sudden my car began shaking violently and my tire blew. Now my question is that could this "poping sound" be related to my tire blowing? If so what could that problem be caused by. Thank you in advance for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthworm

Could be
Is this a low mileage car ?, with tires that are aging and deteriorating ?
I had a flat once or twice in the Saab, never a noise or shake, some pulling, of course..

What did the expired tire look like ? - that should tell you what was going on..

Bookmark   August 28, 2005 at 2:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Check the fit of your brake calpers with its mounting pins, and are the calipers free to slide on these pins? The calipers should have little to no lateral free play on the pins, but slide freely in and out. (There will be some friction from the pin seals.)

If the pin holes in the caliper have worn too much, replace both calipers and pins.

Make sure that the brake pads are sungly fitted and not sloppng around.

Bookmark   August 29, 2005 at 12:51AM
More Discussions
Brake fluid flush
I've had new brakes installed in the past. However,...
africanboy
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Warning:Quaker State Oil Filters
Better check your filters really close. I used to simply...
andyf
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
Radio antenna badly bent at car wash
I know this is going to sound really stupid but what...
africanboy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™