Sauna problem

rima_waMarch 9, 2014

Hi - Looking for some opinions here.
We are planning a renovation of our master bath. Our house is a 1950's ranch style, and in the 80's a master bath was added on by the previous owner. It includes a sauna. We cut the power to the sauna because we needed it to run elsewhere, and because we were planning a major remodel of the bathroom that would no longer include the sauna.

Fast forward a few years, and circumstances have changed. We now want to just replace all the fixtures, vanity, and add heated flooring and a second sink. So the sauna has become a problem.

What are the consequences of drywalling over the wall with the door to the sauna, and just leaving an empty space there? The space is about 3.5 x 6 feet, and is on an outside wall. There is no heat, vent or ductwork in it currently.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
divotdiva

can you tear out the sauna and, since the power is already cut, move the junction box if necessary - and create a closet with a few studs and drywall? Or spruce up the woodwork and make it a closet as is instead of dead space? I would hate to lose that much space.

Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 2:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rima_wa

I wish it were easier to make the closet but with the other changes in the room it is not. The choices will be either to figure out how to reconnect the sauna (which might be do-able) or close it off.

This post was edited by rima_wa on Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 13:49

Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 3:22PM
More Discussions
Trying to reconfigure master bath to include washer dryer
How does this layout look? how could I make this space...
cinnamon01
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?
Hi, We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased...
homeinprogressFL
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™