Ford Freestyle - opinions?

sdelloAugust 9, 2006

We need to re[place the tired 93 Caprice classic wagon.

My wife is enamored with the Ford Freestyle. I prefer the dodge/chysler mini vans.

any experiences you'd like to share?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quirkyquercus

I don't own one but why don't you also take a look at Toyota Highlander. They are comparable but higher ranked at Edmunds.com

Bookmark   August 9, 2006 at 3:55PM
mickeyj2

I have one (2005) and, after 28,000 miles, I have to say I have been more than pleased. It replaced a 10 year-old Volvo wagon that I absolutely loved but it was beginning to need more and more work to keep it running. The last time I looked, the Edmunds site rated the Freestyle about the same as the Highlander. From what I've read, though, the AWD models tend to be rated lower than the FWDs. I did not opt for AWD since we don't have a lot of snow here in NC. Ice? Yes, but I don't drive in ice!

I had never driven a Ford before, and I had certainly never bought a first year model of ANYthing, so I was a little apprehensive before the purchase. But I have had no regrets. I can give you more information. Any specific questions?

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 5:06PM
sdello

mickeyj2:
thanks for your input. My wife ended up getting an '05 with 29k (former rental/lease). Also, we extended the warranty through 70k. Hopefully, we will have a positive experience like you have had.

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 1:05PM
mickeyj2

You're welcome...hope your DW enjoys it. And, at 29,000 miles, it's just "good and broken in"!

I started to say in my earlier post that I don't see too many Freestyles on the road around here. But, just today, I saw four in a 2-hour span of time! I think they are being discontinued in '07, though, so we may have a "rare breed" on our hands (lol).

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™