Looking for inspirational quotes / backsplash question

Sara40SueFebruary 6, 2013

Hello --

The vertical "rise" of stairs is a place I have seen people express their beliefs (my favorite was the Fruits of the Spirit, one on each stair). Another place for this is the backsplash in kitchen and to some degree in bathrooms where tile can be used.

I'd love to have professionally-made Biblical verses that all match each other around the house, but these are surprisingly difficult to find on the Internet. Does anyone know of a source, or have suggestions for me.

Also, can you put a tiled backsplash on the wall behind a sink and stove and then cover it with a single piece of mirror or glass so that you don't have to worry about cleaning. I don't want to have grout that I cannot clean make the visual focus of my kitchen look disgusting. Or should I just opt for painted glass?

Thanks for your help!
Sara40Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
still_waters

Stenciling can be a do-it-yourself project, but I think it would be time consuming. Personally, I don't care for stenciling.

Another thought is to find local faux painting artists. They paint murals, fake marbles on mantles or stone on doorways. They probably have the painting and calligraphy skills for lettering.

A sign shop may have the capability for making vinyl stick-ons you could use in the same font throughout the house. I think it could be cost-effective since much of the lettering is done on the computer.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 12:58PM
booboo60

I was thinking you could do a "diy" ? I attached a link to a website that looks interesting :) If you have any "artsy" friends maybe they could help you with it. Anyway, I have seen a few in friends' homes and they have all done them from a stencil or decal type application and I thought they looked beautiful! Well, tried a couple times to copy and paste but didn't work so the website is, worddecor-n-more.com

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 1:07PM
live_wire_oak

It's a HUGE mistake to do something like that in anything but paint that can be painted over. HUGE.

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 1:23PM
mtnrdredux_gw

You can find someone on Etsy to do whatever you'd like.

Also, I don't think most people find grout on backsplashes to be much of a cleaning issue; scrubs up well as needed from time to time

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 1:24PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I agree that it should be done only for walls or removable areas...not permanent materials like tile. It is something that, even if you don't tire of, will be too specific for the next owner and will need to be removed and will cost you one way or the other.

There are places on line that will allow you to print off your own wording on vinyl that can be applied to multiple surfaces.

I was in a home that had a xmas oriented phrase on her dining room wall, but she put it up in such a way that for the rest of the year, it was covered by a picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vinyl rub ons

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 1:31PM
coloradomomof5

Try Wallwords.com

I wasn't sure if they were still around, but just checked and they are. Even though they are vinyl, they still have a huge selection of ideas and inspirational quotes. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Words

Bookmark   February 6, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Window/door trim thickness---not width
Time to specify our interior trimwork. I'm stymied...
pinktoes
It's March 2015: How is your build progressing?
Zorro-anyone can start one. :) Link to It's February...
autumn.4
Need Advice On What To Do Next
My wife and I have our hand drawn plans of our home....
ghjtyubnm
New here. Please critique my house plan sketch, thanks
Hello. We are a family of 5 hoping to build a house...
angeliquereagan
What is your favorite feature about your house?
Do you have one or several favorite features or a...
Darla Grossman
Sponsored Products
Lacey 14 1/4" Wide Matte White Pendant Light
$99.98 | Lamps Plus
Holley 4 ft Teak Storage Box
Signature Hardware
Holman Brushed Nickel Three-Light Wall Bath Vanity with Satin Etched Glass
$55.40 | Bellacor
Possini Euro Lucile Hanging Crystal Modern Table Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Crystorama Mirabella Mini Chandelier - 10.5W in. Aged Brass & Golden Teak - 5504
$498.00 | Hayneedle
Bau Pendant Small Multi
ModernistLighting.com
Delfina Indoor Rug - 27" x 45"
Grandin Road
Pottery Jug Vases - Set of 3
$22.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™