Problem with Acura trunk

anncarolynJuly 25, 2005

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not with the trunk opening or not. Maybe someone can help me. I just purchased a new (to me) 2004 Acura RL. When I open the trunk using the keyless remote or from inside the car, the trunk lid raises only 2-3 inches. On my other Acura ('96 RL), it raises 10-12 inches at least. If anyone on this forum has a 2004 Acura ( or access to one), I wish you would open the trunk to see if 2-3 inches is normal. I went to my Acura dealer, however they do not have any 2004 RL's on the lot and they seemed to think it was OK. If the trunk lid needs to be fixed, I would like to get it done while the car is still under warranty.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_h

sounds normal to me, wasnt able to try an acura, hadnt really thought about it until i read this. so i went to the parking lot here, i have alot of time on my hands tonite haha. tried my hyundais remote trunk about 3 inches, tried coworkers saab, 3to4 inches, a honda accord about 1to2 inches, kia amanti 1 inch, cavelier, 3to4 inches, bmw 1 inch. no one here now has an acura.

Bookmark   July 26, 2005 at 2:51AM
johndeere

I would say its normal.Thats the way my Buick Century is also.The CD that came with the car talks about the trunk being this way.Its so on a windy day the wind will not catch the lid and flip it up and possibly cause damage.

Bookmark   July 26, 2005 at 2:02PM
anncarolyn

Thanks JohnDeere and Bill H for for your answers to my problem. Seems as though I don't have a problem. John Deere, I never even considered what the wind could do and Bill, I really appreciate you taking the time to actually test some trunk lids!. Thanks again.

Bookmark   July 26, 2005 at 7:31PM
GoodOleBoy

I have an accord which is along the same lines of your acura and it does the same thing.

Bookmark   July 27, 2005 at 6:52AM
cseyer

I have a '99 acura TL the trunk lid just barely pops up when opened. Your trunk sounds normal to me.

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
Brake fluid flush
I've had new brakes installed in the past. However,...
africanboy
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
Hey All
This Is Sophie.I Am New To This Forum.
sophie18
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™