Is 18,000 a good deal for a 2001 Honda Odyssey with 40,000 miles?

wilkerson925July 19, 2005

Do you think $18,000 is a good deal for a 2001 Honda Odyssey with 40,000 miles? It has leather seats and power doors.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthworm

Hard to tell, check out the competition.
Any repair history ?
Any details , of importance of course..
We paid $6,500 for the 6 year old Accord with the troublesome carburetor and horrible dealer service.
The dealer or repair facility must be considered.The newer ones with fuel injection are far, far, better, but I cannot trust the dealers..
Why not Chrysler ? or GM

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 5:19PM
earthworm

$17 K for a 2004 Ford Free(Wind)star in the local paper, from a local Ford dealer, , believe it or not ( and I do not !)...Is the Honda that good ??
We have a '97 Accord...

Bookmark   July 19, 2005 at 6:21PM
GoodOleBoy

I thinks thats a little stout. considering you can get a oddeysey with 100,000 miles for $8,000. Some people (not the OP) buy for the sake of just buying used. Many just think a used car = bargain which is not the case.

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 1:55AM
gary__

Just doing a quicky search shows the car as being worth in the $17k - $20k range, at least in my area. So, $18k seems to be in the ball park, but neither a great deal that's a once in a life time opportunity, or a bad one to stay away from.

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 4:02AM
thecarguy

Is the Honda that good ??
We have a '97 Accord...>>>

Unfortunately, Earthworm, I suspect that the later model Hondas (as in 1998 and newer) especially the V6s, do not share the same longevity and reliability that the older models did. When the Accord, Odyssey, etc. were redesigned in 1998 and 1999, Honda changed just about everything. Apparently, it was for lesser quality parts/materials/components. 1997 was the last year for the 5th generation Accord (which was based strongly on the proven 1990-1993 4th generation) and was the last of the truly reliable Hondas IMO. Now, you get the same problems with an Accord (if not more) as you would any other car.

I wouldn't buy a new/used Odyssey newer than a 1998 (last year the Odyssey was based on the 5th generation Accord)

Consider one of the GM mini-vans which are still based on proven platforms and drivetrains.

Bookmark   July 20, 2005 at 8:50AM
More Discussions
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™