7 days bath renovation complete ... need paint color

rufinoroxFebruary 28, 2012

A week ago we tore our bath apart and this is where we are today. We still need our medicine cabinet and vanIty light installed, however picking a paint color has been a challenge. I'm hoping someone can help me decide. I'm not sure if I should go light or dark in the brown family.

Here are some pictures of before and after.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

WOW that is inspiring. We plan to begin next week, your pictures give me pause...demo is really ugly!!

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 5:52AM
lizb_1772

Oh my! We have the same "before" bathroom!! Didn't you just love the demo phase?! Good riddance, I say!

Am nearly to the paint choosing time myself, and it is not my talent, so I have no ideas for you. Instead I have a question.

Please tell me ASAP the name/color of your floor tile. It looks so close to what I am selecting, and your pictures have aroused my curiosity. Thanks.

And great job, by the way! Congratulations on style and speed.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 8:53AM
rufinorox

Thank you all! Yea I have to say demo was exciting. Good riddins I say. I'll figure out a color soon enough my husband is ready and won't wait to long for me to start painting. The tile is from home depot - unfortunately it was a last minute decision but I'm very happy with my choice. It is called Brazilian Slate by Marazzi.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 11:06AM
shanghaimom

What a transformation! I love your demo shots-esp the shattered tub and sink. You can "feel" the exhilaration of smashing it all up.

I'm thinking BM Manchester Tan is just about right! A good backdrop for all your pretty details. It isn't peachy or greenish like so many tans can be.

Beautiful job on the bathroom!

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 11:18AM
rufinorox

Shanghai mom - thank you I'm heading over to paint store to take a look at some suggestions. I have to say to anyone looking to destroy a cast iron tub - its not easy! But yeah it was fun getting in there and helping out in demo

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 4:49PM
More Discussions
Air Tubs: Bain Ultra vs Oceania??
We have researched a number of "air tubs"...
d_dub
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™