Miele speed oven with other brand underneath?

bluefin19March 6, 2013

Does anybody out there have stacked ovens that are not the same brand? Would you recommend it?

I would really like to get the Miele speed oven (Classic), but don't want to pay $4200 for the 30" Miele wall oven, since the big oven will only be used occasionally. But I am afraid that differing brands on top of each other will be too distracting, trims won't match, etc...

Do I just need to bite the bullet and get 2 Mieles?

btw: This site has been a great source of info. We're completely remodeling our kitchen and I would be LOST without this site. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

I have this in one kitchen with a monogram oven below.

It really depends on what's selected. A Gaggenau oven below will not match very well.

What you need to be mindful of is the clearances needed for the reg oven before another appliance. The speed oven vents hot air from below and you don't want to suck that into the intake for your convection oven's cooling it's electronics. In the monogram's case, the space req. is around 2-3"

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 8:30AM
a2gemini

I have a GE Advantium Monogram and a Wolf - not a Miele but you can see that if you work with the appliance dealer to get the correct trims - it can work nicely.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 10:05AM
bluefin19

Thank you, I hadn't even considered the venting issues. a2gemini, your ovens look great together! Do you like the Advantium? I was considering that one too, but love the idea of the Miele finish not catching fingerprints....

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
wcutiew
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
Microwave in a cabinet
I have a Panasonic 1.2 cubic ft microwave installed...
flashfryer
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Can't adjust door spring on Miele Futura Dimension DW (G 5675
We just installed my new Miele dishwasher and the door...
jan_in_davis
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™