Thoughts on an old bathroom? (DIY)
We have a very old bathroom (though not old enough to be cool). We do NOT have money to gut it and remodel.
Problems with it are:
1. Grout is barely there on the floor, so any water on the floor leaks to the basement.
2. Vanity is rotting.
3. Toilet always smells, no matter what I clean it with.
4. Grout in shower is barely there, so water leaks.
We won't have money to do the bathroom anytime soon. I am giving up on the shower being OK to use and just focusing on the rest.
1. Floor: Put new flooring over existing floor?
2. Would like to put in new vanity, but the sink is attached to the wall tile, and extends to create a counter . How would we get the vanity off without breaking the tile?
3. Replace toilet. How difficult is this?
Our bathroom will not look much better, but ANYTHING would be an improvement, I think, and at least it will smell better and the floor will be more functional.