dishwasher collecting water

amav31March 16, 2012

My 6 year old dishwasher has some water surrounding the mesh cover inside bottom. Not a lot ,maybe a cup of water. I removed the screws and took the mesh cover off to clean and I saw another container in the center. That was filled with water too. Is this normal.?

I thought it is normal for some water to remain at the bottom,but I never knew there was another container like thing(maybe it has a drain hole)also filled with water. This I am not sure. Did the pump give up?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes

This is more residual water than you've seen in the past?

It's unlikely the pump has given up unless the unit is full of water over the entire bottom of the tub up to a couple+ inches deep.

Citing the brand/model number would be helpful so responders to your question can know what kind of mechanism is involved and look up parts diagrams.

A picture of what you're seeing would also be helpful for referencing exactly how much residual water is involved.

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 9:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kerbosch

+1

also - look at the drain hose and make sure that it hasnt collapsed or become kinked. if the water cant get pumped out easily it can run back into the DW

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
Wolf MDL error update
Wolf came out today and they are going to replace the...
a2gemini
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
Help with induction please
I am planning to buy induction when we reno the kitchen....
sherri1058
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™