Two new A/C compressors have failed

ilesh_PatelJuly 3, 2005

Hello.

I have an 1994 accord. Summer came, a/c went!

Dye test - compressor and freezer drier needs replacing according to the service center I took it to.

So get those replaced. A/C works fine for about 12 hours and then hot air blows like before.

Take it back to service center and they say its a bad compressor. Replace compressor.

Again works really well for 12 hours and now has just started blowing hot air again.

Can't hear the clutch kick in when I flick the A/C switch in the car.

Any ideas what could be going on? Is it that the compressor is not a good match for this car? Could there something else causing it to fail?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ilesh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gary__

Playing the odds, I'd guess there's a leak now that wasn't there before. So, the fix will be repair the leak and refill. Then it will all be ducky again. I'm assuming you've been taking it to a guy who knows about ac and has the proper equipment to service it. You mentioned dye. That makes me think that they do. Please post what happens. jmo

Bookmark   July 3, 2005 at 10:58AM
earthworm

A possibility exists that "short cuts" are being taken as far as the testing goes.
With a vehicle of this age, there may be two or three tiny leaks and the shop is just finding one at a time...I can just see a bottom line, after all is said and done, of $$$$..

Bookmark   July 3, 2005 at 1:52PM
jemdandy

I think there is a refrigerant leak somewhere in your AC system. When the refrigerant pressure falls below a certain value, the expansion valve/control will not energize the compressor clutch. This leak could be anywhere. Often, its a seal leak on the compressor, but since this was changed out twice, the leak must be somewhere else (assuming good connections were made for the changed parts).

Bookmark   July 4, 2005 at 3:16AM
bob_k

Another scenario. The first compressor failed internally. And metal particles went thru the system. Now if the system didn't get completly flushed of foreign matter this debris will destroy the new compressor. I have seen this alot. This also happens with power steering pumps. Same scenario.

Good Luck
Bob

Bookmark   July 4, 2005 at 10:29AM
More Discussions
Dying transmission question
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey that has served me well...
catherinet
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Mercury Mountaineer electrical issue
Hi all hope someone can help...my 2002 mercury moutaineer....
ralmoy
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Sponsored Products
VIGO Kenyan Twilight Glass Vessel Bathroom Sink
Overstock.com
Philips | West End 2 Light Ceiling Light
$178.00 | YLighting
Courtly Check Serving Platter
$58.00 | Horchow
Lacey Mission Bronze Two-Light Bath Fixture
$213.40 | Bellacor
New Age Industrial Carts & Stands 18 in. D x 48 in. L x 36 in. H 2-Shelf Mobile
Home Depot