How loud is your Blue Star convection fan?

nycbluedevilMarch 22, 2013

I love my Blue Star RNB. The only issue I have is that the convection fan is really loud. Not like background noise loud, but loud enough to be distracting. I don't know whether this is normal and before calling BS, I wanted to get feedback from BS owners first. How loud is yours?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mata

This sounds abnormal. I have an RNB and the fan is not distracting. I need to look in the oven to see if it is running.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 8:53AM
willtv

Agree with "mata". I have a 6 burner 36" RNB and I can hardly hear mine.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:43AM
nycbluedevil

I called BS. They told me to first try to tighten the screws holding the fan cover on and to call back if still a problem. I tightened them and it sounds better but I definitely know it is running. Not that big a deal but maybe I will ask them to send someone out to check it.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 11:01AM
cookncarpenter

Check to see if one or more of your oven racks is hitting against the fan shroud. This will cause a nasty vibration! Just pull the racks ever so slightly away from the fan cover and see if it goes away.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 4:06PM
tyguy

Out of level can most definately cause that too.

During my reno my bluestar was on a dolly and moved around a lot. It one point it was out of level and the fan was abnormally loud. After adjsting level it is back to normal. Mind you, mine is a 48", so there is probably more flex and twist in it than a 30 or even 36" would have. Worth a try tho.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:21PM
nycbluedevil

Thanks ctydcm. I tried that but it is still pretty noisy.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:23PM
stooxie

Is it buzzing, vibrating or rattling or does it just sound like a fan? Mine sounds like a fan. I know it's when it is on, I can hear it. Sounds like a small fan inside my oven swirling the air around.

Use your phone or a camera to make a movie and post it somewhere. Since you can turn the fan on without turning on the heat stick the camera right up on in there.

No need to speculate!

-Stooxie

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 11:15AM
alexrander

The fan blades heat up and warp. That can cause the noise as well. You can remove the fan blades and re-align them .

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 3:01PM
unixisgoodforyou

Mine is very loud with occasional buzzing / vibration sounds. The service guy thought he fixed it by tightening the screws to the fan shroud.

I'll check out the location of the racks. It's still under warranty, so I should probably call it in (again).

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 3:48PM
More Discussions
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
ELECTROLUX ICON FREESTANDING DUAL-FUEL RANGE or KITCHEN AID
I am about to purchase a dual –fuel, 30 “freestanding...
AreBe
Sealed vs Open Gas Burners
What's the difference between sealed gas burners and...
cbarkston
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™