frame rails

stoveguyyJuly 24, 2013

took off front wheel on 03 honda odyssey. i have nice floor jack. i could not see any frame rail due to smooth underbody. and the front area under motor has a belly pan that hides any view of subframe. i usually use subframe as jacking point on my other cars. one person said use factory mentioned jack point behind front wheel to lift car and than support car with jack stand. ok. but where do i put jack stand? manual only says where jack point is. than one guy said, why do you think your van has a subframe? is he being a jerk or what?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Look for the jack that came with the vehicle. Often, jacking instructions are included in the storage area for the jack and the jacking locations are indentified.

Jacking locations should be in the owner's manual. If not, these may be found in a repair manual. However, before you buy a 3rd party repair manual, look in it to see if it has the jack points. You wouldn't want to buy the manual if it does not have what you need.

I am fairly certain that the jacking locations would be in the factory repair manual, but official manuals are much more costly than a general purpose repair manual. However, I have found over the past 20 years that the official factory repair manual is superior to 3rd party offerings and are worth it if you are going to keep the vehicle for several years and perform a considerable amount of its maintence.

The quality of 3rd party repair manuals have degraded over the past 30 years.

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 4:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stoveguyy

Found some jacking point images online. Even found image of owners manual jack lift info. Van has frt/rear center lift points too. Lift van, put stands under frame rail jacking points. Easy. And yes, the van does have a subframe.

Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Sponsored Products
Veneto Luce Polished Chrome Six-Light 24-Inch Wide Fluorescent Square Framed Flu
Bellacor
Eliot Leather Bumper Chaise - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Ankan 'Target Circles' Framed Clock Art
Overstock.com
DG Casa White Allegro Chair
Overstock.com
Afina Signature Collection Triple Door 44W x 30H in. Recessed Medicine Cabinet M
Hayneedle
POLYWOOD Chairs Bayline Patio Bar Arm Chair in Textured Silver/White/Citrus
Home Depot
Progress Lighting Promise Collection Wall Mount Outdoor Stainless Steel Lantern
Home Depot
Newlton Weathered Charcoal One Light Outdoor Wall Sconce
$298.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™