Jeep back up sensors... failed

sharon620July 18, 2006

Hello Everyone

While I don't rely on my back up sensors instead of actual looking back my sensors did fail the other day.

I was in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot that is very tight to get in and out of. It is not an open lot. Well, I looked back before coming out of my space and did not see A THING. I backed up and hit a truck. First of all there is a terrible blind spot on these jeep grand cherokee's and my sensors did not go off at all. Plus the fact, I just didn't see the truck.

All the repair shops that do body work are telling me these jeeps have a terrible blind spot.

Have you heard of this. Also, I did do a pretty good job on my jeep. The back light is smashed, the quarter panel, and my bumper. The man's truck suffered a dent and a few scratches. None the less I am very upset.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_g

The outside rear view mirrors when properlly adjusted give full view of the rear corners and fill the "blind spot".

As far as the back up sensors go, I have yet to have to repair any of them. When they fail most people just forget about them instead of fixing them.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:11AM
jemdandy

Since you damaged you rear quarter panel and a backup lamp, I don't think that your vehicles met square on, but maybe corner to corner. (How else would the quarter panel have been damaged.) The truck may not have been in the view cone of the backup sensor, but should have been visible in a rear view mirror. The Jeep Cherokee has decent ourside rear view mirrors.

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 12:19AM
earthworm

Had the two vehicles been driven a bit more slowly, this would not have happened.
The second truck should have seen the man backing up and should have yielded to him - this is the way I see it - anything to prevent an un-necessary accident..

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 5:07PM
More Discussions
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
too much pressure in cooling system
I have a 95 sable that lost heat about a year ago....
anggi821
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Sponsored Products
Cerchi Collection 3-Light 29 1/2" Wide Chrome Bath Light
Lamps Plus
Eastwood Leather U-Sofa Sectional (5 piece) - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
Natural Beauty Mirror
| Dot & Bo
Jaipur Mythos Selene Traditional Oriental Pattern Wool Tufted Rug - ROV005019-00
$152.00 | Hayneedle
Brown Romy Swivel Armless Bar Stool
Zuri Furniture
Signature Design by Ashley Stuman Medium Brown 5-piece Dining Room Table Set
Overstock.com
Lucky Pet Bed Dog Bed
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kaleen Rugs Posh Black 2 ft. x 3 ft. PSH01-02 2
$49.00 | Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™