What's the + of Insulated Toilet Tanks?

dancingqueengwFebruary 15, 2012

I'm starting to work on my master bath remodel and am looking at Toto toilets. I like the lines of the Drake but care the most about effectiveness. It comes with or without an insulated tank. Is the + of this less noise? Is it worth it? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
desertsteph

I don't think that's it - probably so it won't 'sweat'.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 12:22AM
tuesday_2008

Years ago, we bought our home; it did not have central air; it did not even have a window unit. We have our own drilled well which is extremely deep - it has 250+ feel of pipe in it, which means the well is probably deeper. The water is extremely cold. My bathroom tanks sweated like crazy from condensation in the summer - there would be a puddle on the floor sometimes.

Remember the "matching tank covers, toilet seats, and floor rugs"?? I used the tank covers out of necessity.

We still live in the same house; it has been renovated/remodeled/additions built, and central heat and air installed. No problem now with the condensation issue.

Long story to tell you I wish I had known about insulated toilet tanks - but I probably couldn't have afforded them back in the 70's!

Tuesday

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 10:21AM
dancingqueengw

Duh.....Thank you I never thought of that. I'm in MN so our toilets don't sweat much! Appreciate the info.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 4:59PM
desertsteph

my toilets in IN did - I had some of those matching tank sets! not sure why they wouldn't in MN.

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 2:08AM
enduring

I live in Iowa and we get really humid summers. The tanks sweat like crazy. We don't always have the air on - (we acclimate instead). If I need a new toilet I will consider this options, thanks.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 11:26PM
More Discussions
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
help - can I recess surface mount medicine cabinets?
We have just realized that our previously ordered 5...
docellie
Master Bath Remodel...Floorplan help!
Hello all, I am in the planning stages of a master...
fst96se
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™