guest bath: before and design board pics

adel97February 13, 2012

I am planning a remodel of our kids/guest bath. Demo starts mid-March. The hideous "before" pictures are below. (The pictures look much better than IRL, the bath is really falling apart. Can't wait to get rid of the berry tile, LOL!)

Now, I am posting because I recently learned how to do design boards over on the kitchen forum, and I'm so excited to share my first one, for this bath! I had a lot of fun making it, with pictures from the actual components that I've bought for the remodel. I'm going for a sleek, neutral, modern look: Omega slab maple vanity, 18x18 marble-look tiles on floor and tub surround, Cambria "FIeldstone" engineered quartz counter, carrera/glass random mosaic tile, chrome faucets, pulls and lighting. Will post again when it's done, and see if it looks anything like the design board...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I love your vanity and your modern look.

I know you didn't ask for input but I'd like to share my thoughts on your board. I don't know what the green element is in the upper corner, is that the counter? The color and intensity seems out of place to me with your other soft elements. I think the liner tile and the green abstract square design don't read well together. They are both very nice on their own but together I don't think they work. What are your thoughts to my comments?

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 7:03AM
adel97

Enduring, the green square in the upper right us actually a picture of a glicee print from Lynne Taesch. I like to hang art in my baths and thought that an abstract print with green tones might work. It's only 18x18 inches so it shouldn't dominate. Having said that, I appreciate the comment and will think about something with softer color tones. What do you suggest for wall paint color?

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 8:13AM
enduring

Oh, I love the thought of hanging art. But heck..wall color? I took 14 color sample paint ups to decide on my kitchen color! But I got the perfect color.
would that rich darker color look good on the walls?

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 7:31PM
adel97

There is no natural light in this bathroom, so I was thinking a lighter wall color, but I don't plan to decide until everything else is done. Would love ideas though. I'm afraid of committing the sin of "uncorrelated neutrals" with the wall color. Although at least it's easy to fix.

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 8:10PM
enduring

Oh, I love the thought of hanging art. But heck..wall color? I took 14 color sample paint ups to decide on my kitchen color! But I got the perfect color.
would that rich darker color look good on the walls?

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 10:50PM
enduring

How are my old postings getting reposted? I just read this post and then backed out only to discover that my post from earlier today reposted?!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Minimum size for walk-in shower?
What is the minimum recommended size for a walk in...
uscroy
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™