side by side oven under 40"

moneypenny02March 24, 2014

Hi,
We are about to get a new oven, and a double oven is a must. We will likely get double oven top & bottom, but ideally, I would like a side-by-side double if we can swing it in our price range. Unfortunately, we only have a 40" space in our kitchen, so it needs to be a 40" or less. So far, the only ones I have found are the Ilve Majestic (which looks amazing, but may be too expensive for us), the Kitchenaid (which has a side oven that seems to be too small for us--it doesn't appear wide enough for a baking sheet/casserole dish), and the Verona 36" (which seems to have two small ovens, and from reviews/comments it does not get hot enough).

Are there any other good options for gas ranges with side by side double ovens that are 40" or smaller? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Look at top bottom instead, originated by the Maytag Gemini and best exemplified by the new GE Cafe double oven range. To get USABLE ovens side by side, you need 48''.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 7:45AM
xedos

Side x side is not going to happen in 40" period.

48" can be done, but limits your options. 54" or 60" is what's needed for the broadest selection.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 7:28PM
deeageaux

40.13" and under $2k

Here is a link that might be useful: Frigidaire

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 8:23PM
moneypenny02

Thanks--If we stick with top/bottom we would get the GE (http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-6-8-cu-ft-Double-Oven-Gas-Range-with-Self-Cleaning-Oven-in-Stainless-Steel-JGB850SEFSS/204403784?N=c3nlZ5yc1v), which I think is good--but the lower oven is so low (true for all the double ovens we saw) that if I can fit a side-by-side that is reasonably-sized in the 45" space, then we would prefer that. We would need the larger oven big enough for a couple chickens or maybe small turkey or 6-8 qt dutch oven and the smaller oven large enough for baking sheet/ 9x12 casserole dish. If there are any good options that would fit those needs, I would love to hear!

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 1:10AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

That Frigidaire is a joke POS. First of all, it's Frigidaire. Second, see first point. Third, the reason they show a baguette in the skinny oven is it won't fit an actual loaf pan with enough air circulation around it.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 8:04AM
cindallas

Have you seen the Lacanache Cluny? It is a beautiful French range that is 39 3/8". There are many fans of these beautiful ranges. Choices of dual fuel or all gas or a mix. Link below to the US distributor. You can search and find quite a lot of posts about them and they have quite a following. The one pictures is the classic black with brass end caps but is available in all stainless or quite a few different enamel colors and different metal trims. This may be out of your price range but with the title of your post, I immediately thought of these beauties. Check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacanache Cluny

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 10:42AM
akrogirl

We have had the electric version of the Kenmore (Friigidaire) for approximately ten years. I do almost all of my baking and cooking in the small oven without any problems, and will miss the convenience of the Kenmore when our kitchen is finally finished and our Gaggenau ovens get installed.

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 7:52PM
More Discussions
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
Bosch Speed Microwave Oven vs. GE Advantium?
We had a GE Advantium for 7 years and used it 2-3 times...
erikgerard
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™