Garage Refrigerator

happsMarch 24, 2013

I have a thirty year old 30.7 cu ft side by side Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer in my garage that works well but is very poor on energy efficiency. I am not sure of the cu ft space of the freezer and refrigerator sections. The freezer section is usually 2/3rds full and the refrigerator part 1/2 full. I purchased a 7 cu ft. chest freezer at a big discount and as wondering size wise, what additional size refrigerator or top/down refrigerator/freezer would I need to purchase in order to have the same space for food items as I have now with the amounts full as stated above? Would you take a chance on a used unit made after July 1, 2001, which is the most recent energy efficient standard? I don't have a truck or SUV.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

I would get two of these dedicated garage fridges.

Gladiator GARF19XXYK

Double Pass Heat Loop

Unlike typical refrigerators designed for inside the home, Chillerator Garage Refrigerator has a double pass heat loop that helps keep the unit's outer surface from sweating in high humidity environments.

Energy Star Qualified

20% more efficient than minimum current federal energy standards.

In-the-Door Can Rack

Allows easy access to 35 twelve-ounce cans of your favorite beverage. No more tracking dirt inside the house to get a cold drink.

Keeps Internal Temperatures Consistent

Keeps internal temperatures consistent, even in extreme heat/cold.

Refrigerator with Built-In Heater

Built-in heater keeps refrigerated items chilled inside, not frozen, even in very cold environments, with an operating range from 0-110 degrees Fahrenheit.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 3:03AM
More Discussions
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™