Luxury Sports Car with Back Seat.

justjustinJune 25, 2008

Greetings everyone. I think this is my first post in this forum. Hope all is well with everyone.

My quandry is this. I want a sports car but I need a back seat. My partner and I have an 11yr old daughter and while this car wouldn't be used for long trips (we've got a new Lexus LX570 for that) I want to have enough room for him and my little girl should we take a notion to go into the city (2 1/2 hr drive).

So far I'm pretty sold on the Mercedes CL 63 AMG. I had my daughter sit in the back and she was very comfortable and the husband sat in it (He's tall) and had plenty of room. I would have bought it on the spot but it pains my soul to spend $152,000 on a car. I decided before I took the plunge I would see what everyone here thought.

TIA,

Justin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ky114

I wouldn't want to be within ten paces of a $152,000 car for fear I'd somehow damage it. I think if I were in a position to spend a lot on vehicles, I'd opt for several rather than one or two that cost a fortune: Sports car for fast runs through the curves, SUV for the snow and off-roading, truck for the trips to Lowe's, luxury sedan for going out to dinner, maybe a few others to round things out and provide variety.

Bookmark   June 25, 2008 at 6:56PM
bill_h

think i would buy a used vette and a used minivan and put the other 127,000 in the market.

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 9:58PM
john_g

They could buy a Cobra, (Mustang) with the supercharged 5.4l rated at over 500 horsepower, and still have 100K in the bank.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 3:36PM
sailor86

Wish I had your problem.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 11:12AM
timbulb

Give me half that money and I'll show up with my wife's Santa Fe and I'll chauffeur you and the family around for two years.

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 11:16AM
reekola

I'll sell you my '90 Maxima - it's my sportscar. Still pretty zippy, too!

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 2:32PM
jasdip

Why not just get a less-expensive version of the Mercedes you were looking at? You don't need to spend $152,00 for the top-of-the line. Just get a mid-range of the same model.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 8:47AM
logic

Check the qulaity ratings on the Mercedes...so many are a POS..some are fine...but all too many have HUGE problems with the electronics. I had a 2002...worse car I ever owned.A neighbor has the car you are interested in...nothing but trouble.

That said, what about an Infiniti G37 sport coupe? Far better reliabilty..and far less money!

Mercedes is a rip-off as so many come off the production line all show, no substance in terms of quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Infiniti G37 Sport Coupe

Bookmark   September 8, 2008 at 12:07PM
More Discussions
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™