Turn signals won't work

lnuhnJune 11, 2009

I have a '91 Oldsmobile Bravada. The turn signals won't work. The inside arrows won't come on either. When I use the emergency flashers - the lights outside & arrows inside work. I have checked all fuses & bulbs, they are okay. Could my problem be in the column? or elsewhere?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lnuhn

I apologize - my oldsmobile is a '97 not '91. i was told to chage the flasher, & that it was above the fuse panel.I looked for a flasher above the fuse panel. I found two circuit breakers, but neither one says anything about being for turn signals. When i shift the turn signal control either up or down - I here a click, but nothing comes on. Then it clicks again when I shift it back off.

Bookmark   June 11, 2009 at 1:14PM
jemdandy

You may have some burned out signal lamp filaments. Check that first.

Bookmark   June 11, 2009 at 5:44PM
john_g

The turn signal switch is a common failure point. Try turning the four way flashers on and off, while the turn signals is set to one side, and then set to the other side. You may need to rapidly switch the turn signals while putting some forward or rearward pressure on the lever. What you will find is you will randomly succeed to get the turn signals to work. "If" you succeed, then you have confirmed the turn signal switch is failing and needs replaced. If you don't succeed, you'll need a wiring diagram, and will have to pull the covers off of the steering column and start testing to prove power into the column for the turn signals, and then prove no power for them back out. That way at least you will confirm the switch is bad before you simply throw one at the car.

Bookmark   June 12, 2009 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
Warning:Quaker State Oil Filters
Better check your filters really close. I used to simply...
andyf
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
Sponsored Products
Swing Vinyl Lounge Chair in Black
$369.00 | LexMod
Frosted Flowers III - 11" x 14"
Grandin Road
MaxLite MLVT14D4250 ArcMAX Volumetric LED Panel, 5000K
EnvironmentalLights.com
Stilo Bronze Three-Light Incandescent 120v Mini Pendant with Large Round Canopy
$481.50 | Bellacor
Aspects Aldo 4-Light Ceiling Satin Nickel Flush Mount ADLF432SNR8
Home Depot