Change belt and all hoses?

mxyplxJune 21, 2005

Our 1995 Crown Vic Lemonzine has 55,000 miles in 10 years; 54,987 by us. It is slighty dustier than the day we bot it. No plans to replace it. All maintenance by the dealer as per the book since new. It lives in never never land (California).

Should we change the belt and all the hoses? No leaks. Belt looks good I don't see any cracks. Might be some but I didn't see em. The heater hoses would be a bearcat to change.

I don't find any published schedule on these items.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

fwiw
86 olds here with 22,ooo miles,, the heater core on a car died at about yr 2000 - all hoses are still going stong with the heater core in a bypass loop with a original hose.

Bookmark   June 21, 2005 at 11:57AM
earthworm

Posted by: Mikie (My Page) on Tue, Jun 21, 05 at 11:57

fwiw
86 olds here with 22,ooo miles,, the heater core on a car died at about yr 2000 - all hoses are still going stong with the heater core in a bypass loop with a original hose.

Earthy :
With both"old" cars change the upper radiator hose.
Install a new heater core in the old Olds !! I'd say the two cars have quality equal to or better than the '88 Honda Accord...
We have a '97 Saab and a '96 900S, over 250K miles on both, , with the original upper - in good shape, but I should change them !

Bookmark   June 21, 2005 at 1:38PM
earthworm

If you ever do take this car on any long trips, YES !!, by all means at least change the belts and the upper radiator hose, maybe all of them.
Go to a Ford forum and find out what the weaknesses are ...

Bookmark   June 22, 2005 at 1:09PM
gary__

The correct answer from a pm point of view is yes, replace them. Having said that, I replace belts when I see a lot of cracks. I leave the hoses on my stuff alone unless I see a problem with them or am doing some other repair that requires removal of one or more. Heater hoses always make me nervous. Too easy to create a leak in the heater core, and that's usually hard to replace. It's a b*tch to start with no problem and create one in the name of prevention.

Bookmark   June 22, 2005 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™