A little visit, with photo link

judithvaJanuary 6, 2014

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to pop in a bit, I certainly have missed you all. I was going thru some of the threads, there is such alot of talent going on!

Life gets in the way sometimes, my cancer reoccured last year and just about did me in this time. But after a miserable chemo (is there any other kind?) and major surgery, I am finally getting back to feeling human again.

I haven't been doing too much photography with design over the last year of my recovery, but I did take a few pics from this Christmas. If you go to the link and scroll down to my "White Christmas" pics you'll see a bit what I was up too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas 2013 pics

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Gosh, I'm so sorry that you are battling cancer again. I wish we could find a cure for that nasty disease. I linked over to your beautiful tree...absolutely gorgeous. I enjoyed reviewing your 2012 pictures, too. I love how you used the lady in your table setting.

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 6:29PM
Purplemoon

Judith, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have you here and sharing photos.
I am so sorry to hear what a terrible year you had and all you've gone thru again with the cancer. Last year wasn't good to quite a few of our gang it seems. I sure hope
2014 is a lot better. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Did you get your remodeling done before you had to deal with Chemo?
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 11:11PM
slinkey

Judith good to see you popping in here.
I'm so sorry to hear what you had to go through again....
Hope you're on your way to a better start with the new year.
The last I remember was your 'massive DIY ' project.
I was amazed by how large of a project you took on.
With all you went through was it ever completed.? If so, please share
The 'After '. With us...we'd love to see how it turned out.
Once again nice to see you here ...take care.
jane

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 11:41PM
phonegirl

Judith, I'm so glad your feeling human again after all you've been threw last year. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful table again and Christmas photos.

You say your tree didn't photograph well and I think it's Gorgeous!!! Your white tree made me go AWE... Loved seeing all the Christmas pictures you shared. The reflection on the coffee table is stunning!

Sure hope you continue to feel better. Will be sending prayers your way. Thanks again for sharing and know that you are a wonderful inspiration for all to follow!

Punk

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 12:31AM
judithva

Fun2behere, thank you, I am glad you liked my tree, I always hate taking it down, the room looks so plain after all that glitz. I did "dress" my lady again this year, but didn't grab a shot of it. She's become a tradition with me.

Karen, and Jane, thank you for the welcome back and I'm glad you liked the pictures.
Hmm, some of my remodel I have progressed on, but not much. Alot/most of my extra money is tied up in paying for the 3 years worth of cancer medical bills I have/and ongoing medicals that are associated still with it. So, my remodel is VERY slow going.

Punk, thank you too, I am happy you like them, I almost did not do a tree this year, but I figured it is healther not to give up on things I love.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 10:54AM
jeannespines

Judith ... so beautiful ... love all the whites & silvers & the glass ~~ very, very classy...am so happy to hear from you again (IDK if you remember me, jeannespines) Anyway, I've always enjoyed you & also Cjim's very elegant decor over the holidays! Whenever I see an elegant bust, I think of you. I have a friend who also decorates w/one after seeing yours many yrs ago.

I also am having a 'massive' surgery soon & have dealt w/chemo the last 5 of 6 mos ... & have been told I will have 6-12 more mos of chemo after surgery (the thought is unbearble) ...but...you popped into the 'Holiday Forum' as an 'angel' (in my book) ... creating more 'hope' for the rest of us who are dealing with health woes. Thank you so much ~~ Jeanne S.

Bookmark   January 7, 2014 at 12:58PM
judithva

Jeanne, thank you so much for your sweet words, I loved CJIMs contruibutions too.
Yep, decorating the "Lady" is fun, she wears the jewelry much better than I ever could, she has such a long slim neck. LOL.
Ah, I can definately relate to your chemo and surgery. But I know you can do it, it is hard but just try to take one day at a time. You WILL get thru it! :) There is always hope and promise.
I hope you have someone at home to support you through this. I did not have a person at home for me, but I did have my little dog Toby, he licked my tears away more than once, thankgoodness for our pets!
I will be holding you in my heart and prayers
Hugs
Judith

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 8:53AM
Marlene Kindred

Judith~

So glad to see your post again. I am so very sorry about all of the health issues and battling cancer again. Your decorating is so very elegant and beautiful! Glad to have you back!

Bookmark   January 8, 2014 at 7:57PM
nana2010_gw

Judith welcome back. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful tree and decor
Your lovely Lady is the epitome of beauty and glamor.
I hope your road to recovery is short. and you will be back sharing with us again soon.
Nana

Bookmark   January 9, 2014 at 11:16AM
jeannespines

Thank you, Judith ...
I do have lots of support (family & a dog, too) & I appreciate your advice.
Here's to a better 2014 for you! ~~Jeanne S.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 12:38AM
judithva

thanks Marlene, and Nana!

Jeanne, That is wonderful, you are so lucky to have a great family to be there for you. I hope we both have a better 2014! One day at a time :)

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 2:13PM
phonegirl

Sending more hugs, and prayers to all of you
wonderful ladies! Hope 2014 will be healthy and
happier new year for all.

Punk

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 12:28AM
party_music50

Judith -- so sorry for your difficult times, but very glad you have Toby and that you're well on your way back! Your decor is so elegant and beautiful!

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 10:11AM
christmascandy

Welcome back!
May 2014 be a wonderful and blessed year for you.
I have missed your wonderful and inspiring posts, so am very happy to see you posting again.

I wish for all of our members to have good health and happiness in the coming year.

Candy

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 11:11AM
laurastheme

What beautiful decorating, all of it! To all you cancer patients and cancer survivors....as a survivor I have some idea what you're going through although I didn't have to have chemo, just radiation. My mother had cancer 3 times and died at age 99 from old age. You can do it, too!! You're all in my prayers. It's definitely not an easy thing to go through.
Laura

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 9:59PM
patty_cakes

Judith, I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come here and see your post! It's been wayyyyy too long, and I hope you feel well enough to check in more often. I am so very sorry to hear it's been a tough year for you, but please try to keep your spirits up, and we're always here to help and listen. You bring us such joy with all your creative talent, and if you feel satisfaction, you can only imagine our satisfaction when we see a thread you've started!! lol

I haven't been to this forum for quite a long time, but am sure happy I visited! Keep coming back, Judith!! WE'VE MISSED YOU!!! ;o)

ps....will we be seeing pictures of the re-model?

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 10:03PM
marylmi

Happy to see you posting again Judith! I loved your Christmas tree, it was beautiful! Glad you are feeling better & wishing you the very best in this new year!

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 10:56PM
mary_ruth

Great to see you posting! I followed the link to your xmas pics, VERY NICE to see your decorations and GREAT photography! Love the white and the Bling!

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 10:58PM
Creekbum

Just Gorgeous Judith! You never disappoint,always delivery such Beautiful Setting! Thanks for Sharing!

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Testing ... a pic & text.
Testing this again ... I posted one pic earlier today...
jeannespines
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™