anyone have problems with ryland homes sales in Flori

ellie123-2009February 16, 2013

Was interested in purchasing first house and liked looks of ryland home in a development in fl. Picked out model and asked sales rep EXACTLY what it would cost just as it is showing. Said only $10,000 and it would definitely stay within my monthly mortgage budget I told him about before placing down payment. Now, when I went to design center, these upgrades, in fact, not even as good as the model home, is costing $30,000 more and increasing mortgage to $300 more a month. Is there anything I can do? Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shifrbv

All builders are the same. We paid 30k in upgrades 9 years ago was nowhere near what they have in the model. We do not regret most upgrades except kitchen counter-top, lighting package. Estate home - 0 issues after 9 years. Lot's of features from custom homes, except price. Our subdivision has 94 lot's. Highly recommend.

Let's see:
Kitchen upgrade $8100 (with it you get cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, double ovens convection, cook top, neat mw, decent layout, etc.

Extension 160 sq ft - 10k. Makes first floor very decent in size. Extends basement by the same amount, adds a bit to the cost to Ryland of brick wrap, steel support, tile floor, etc. ( I noticed they do not offer such option anymore :) )

Full house brick wrap was 5k. No way you are going to beat this for they estate size home.

Tile or wood floor kitchen & entrance 4k.

All bath counter top upgrades makes bathrooms look decent.

Most other upgrades were waste of money
Carpet, linoleum, lighting, pre-plumb for water softener, etc.

Also I recommend talking to landscaper that ryland encouraged us to do. Cost of upgrades between junk plants and decent plants, and layout are nothing - $110.

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 6:45AM
More Discussions
Floorplan Feedback-I think we're getting close!
This is the upstairs. The office in the lower corner...
edwardshome
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
Question about screen porch
First, I'm ONLY thinking about the porch right now....
mrspete
Bank help: What is a 442 Appraisal?
We thought we'd found a great construction loan program...
redheadeddaughter
Lessons of this Winter
I find lots of people are guided by aesthetics and...
edlincoln
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™