Anyone with Bootz Syniron bathtub?

palimpsestFebruary 26, 2013

I am free associating about the bathrooms in my next house.

The original set up was this: a 78" deep full bath shortened to 60" by the tub. The other 18" was an entry alcove just barely 28" wide.

This was side by side with a 30" x 60" powder room + linen closet. This was remuddled into a 3/4 bath by putting a stall shower where the sink and linen closet were and adding a crooked bit with a sink in it.

78" is the maximum depth (Its the stair landing outside). 12 feet is the maximum width--for TWO baths. This steals an acceptable amount of space from each bedroom.

Plan 1 is a Kohler Mayflower tub with a sink at one end and a toilet at the other in an almost 78" square bath and a 48" by 78" 3/4 bath with shower and wall hung (in wall tank) toilet.

This hinges on the availability of the Mayflower tub. I also have to do drawings as to how "looming" this would seem as it would also have a shower in it.

The other option is to do a 42" or 48" neo-angle shower in that bath, and use a Bootz 48" Syniron alcove tub with shower in the other bath.

In my last apartment, I think one bath was taken in years---thousands of showers. It may make sense to put the shower in the "larger" bathroom.

The Bootz tub is the only 4-foot alcove tub I could find.

The lack of a full-size tub could potentially have a negative impact on resale. However, any number of the houses of similar size in the neighborhood have only showers or only one bath, so a smaller tub will still be better than none.

I am not familiar with this brand of bathtub and would appreciate any input.

More Discussions
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Showers 101
I'm hoping there is someone who can direct me to a...
jpbenstock
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
HELP! Is this an acylic or fiberglass tub?
Here's a photo of the side. Can anyone identify this...
wmcjhi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™