SUV will not shift.

sue36May 22, 2006

This morning I started my 1998 Explorer Sport and attempted to shift it into Reverse. It seemed to shift, but when I pressed the gas, nothing happened. Same thing with Drive, and 2. The last time I drove it (2 weeks ago, I don't drive often), it drove fine. No grinding, no clunking. There were no noises this morning either. It just wouldn't go.

I posted earlier about an electronic issue that is causing the windows and skylight to not work (probably a GEM module, I was told), but haven't gotten it to the dealer yet. The 4WD hi/low blinks several times every few minutes.

Any ideas? I obviously have to get it towed to the dealer now, since I can't drive it. Could the tranmission have a related elctronic issue? Thanks for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Could your 4W drive be in a "false" neutral, i.e., between modes (not engaged)? Maybe the 4WD drive lamp is trying to send a message.

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 11:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36

I was wondering if it was related to the 4WD. The light has been blinking since the windows stopped working. Someone here told me that is related to a GEM module. I found that same answer somewhere else online as well. Maybe this is the next evolution of that problem.

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
rotor problems
I think I just got "taken for a ride" by...
jill1273
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™