Upholstery repair-any DIY advice?

aartwmichMay 28, 2005

I have some van seats that I had stored in the shed. Well the mice got to 'em and chewed 3 quarter sized holes thru the fabric and slightly into the foam. I would like to patch these holes, they are merely unsightly not really structural damage.

The fabric is kind of like velour, it has a nap to it and a pattern of grays and bronze. I've looked around the edges of the seat covers looking for a scrap tucked in somehwere that I could rob, but to no avail. I've seen these kits that have a glue and different colored fine powders and wondered if anyone has used them that could offer tips or tricks--or say yeah or nay.

Thanks in advance to any advice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gary__

IMO the cheep trick you mention might be worth a shot if the holes were the size of a cigarette burn. Yours sounds too big for that to me. If it were me and neatness mattered at all, I'd take it to an upolstery shop and see if they have fabric to match and replace the bad panels. It usually doesn't cost that much replace one panel like it does if they were going to make an entire seat cover.

Bookmark   May 28, 2005 at 12:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duanejack

Get another seat from a junk shop, recycle shop, you can order parts on line too from recycle shops around the US.

Duane in Japan

Bookmark   May 30, 2005 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Hey All
This Is Sophie.I Am New To This Forum.
sophie18
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
rotor problems
I think I just got "taken for a ride" by...
jill1273
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™