Microwave drawer--What's the problem?

peonybushFebruary 24, 2012

The Sharp microwave drawer was installed in the island today. I can manually open and close it but it's supposed to have a soft touch open/close feature. Is this something I have to program in or should this be working out of the box?

I was not home when the GC and electrician installed it--I'm guessing they didn't know about this feature.

I fired off an email to Sharp/support but they told me to call M-Fri during business hrs.

Anybody else have this issue?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klcardella

Which model do you have? The KB-6001NS with the vent on the bottom is manual only. The KB-6524PS without the bottom vent is manual and has the easy open and touch control. I had the 6524 installed last week, and the buttons are just to the left of the clock. No programming necessary.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 4:58PM
peonybush

I have the KB-6002L. It's a 30". Just found out it is indeed manual open only and no easy open and touch control.
It's already installed and we are going to leave it at that. DH is ok with it. I can live with it...just disappointed.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 5:42PM
klcardella

I am sorry you are disappointed, but I am already finding we use the handle much more than the open/close buttons. It's just easier than looking for the buttons (old eyes).

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 4:33PM
jeff7084

We installed the sharp drawer microwave a month ago. It is just the greatest! We all love it. Open with eitther a pull on the handle or just press the button. Just bump it with your leg and it closes by itself, or push the close button. It is so entertaining to watch it open and close. Looks great and has a nice "wow" factor. Seems to heat evenly. I thought the auto open & close would spill my full coffey cup, but the soft close is smooth and so no spills. We got a refurbished model from greystone's eBay store. It's perfect and came quick. Be sure and get the model with the auto open / close feature. It is also deeper and wool hold much taller containers.

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 12:06AM
More Discussions
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
cancer warning on kitchenaid dw
New kitchenaid dishwasher manual has warnings for chemicals...
kickball
Tall wine cooler
Would like some feedback on wine cooler. Some that...
mcaprizs
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™