Question about AO Catarina?

dhustonFebruary 16, 2012

Can this tile be cut down to a smaller size? I am going to use the 12x12 for the bathroom floor bu want something smaller for the shower floor. I know they make the mosaic but at 12 bucks a sq ft I was hoping I could cut the 12x12 down to some 3x3 tiles or something. If that can't be done can anyone tell me how close of a match is it to real marble? I can get some 4x4 carrera tile for 7 bucks a sq ft would i look ok right next to the AO catarina?

Also, any thought on real marble for shower floor?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pps7

I would just use the catarina mosaic.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 6:57PM
catbuilder

Yes, you can cut it down. With a good blade on the wet saw it will look better than the mosaic they provide. It's not hard, but it takes time and you will need to set up a jig to make sure they are all consistently sized.

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 1:00PM
positano

I was wondering the same thing!
I just saw a post by Tharonk where she posted a herringbone floor in 6x12. We are planning on using the AO 12x12 for a small bathroom floor. I was wondering if I cut the 12x12 down can I get a similar look?

If not I will use the 12x12 in a running bond pattern.

PPS7- I love how your floor came out. How is the tile holding up after all this time? Cleanup? Do you have to mop a lot?
And what color grout and spacing did you use on main floor with the 12 x12. Looks like it is a tight grout line.

Thanks so much! From TemporaryItems

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 7:03AM
positano

I just happen to find this picture of the 12 x 12 American Oleon Catarina tiles installed in Kitchen and Bath Ideas Magazine ,Page 127 April 2012.
Looks very nice!Sorry for the bad picture, it was from my phone. From TemporaryItems

Bookmark   February 19, 2012 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Do offset sinks make you crazy?
in our new house build, I am thinking of doing an offset...
zorroslw1
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™