car suggestions?

soulsocket7April 19, 2010

Gonna be picking up a new (to me) compact hatchback very soon. I am thinking about:

Scion xb (old body style)

Mazda3

Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix

Subaru impreza (if I can find an affordable one)

Ford Focus SVT (5 door)

I've done lots or reading up on each of these models, just wondering if anyone has driven them or what you think about them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
airforceguy

We have a 2005 Scion XB and have 90,000 miles on it. Not a single problem yet. My wife drives around 80-90 miles a day total in going to work and back, and I think she averages around 32mpg. Lot of space in the "toaster" lol the one thing that I truly do NOT like is the AC!!! It works and cools the inside down, but you can't get super cold! and In the hot days of DC, that really sucks!! I have visited Scion forums and thats 1 of the biggest complaints about the Scion XB! Not sure if the newer ones have improved AC. Rides a bit rough too, but its fine!! I think we paid $15,000 out the door in 2005, and for the $$$$ it was a bargain!

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 5:02PM
jemdandy

Be cautious about the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota. It may be affected by the Toyota recall problems plus the Pontiac division and Pontiac models are obsolete. Supposedly, existing stock will continued to be serviced by GM, but for how long? Today's words do not always compare to actuality a few years down the road.

Bookmark   April 20, 2010 at 9:36PM
cardatabase

Hey r u looking for Car..? The best way is Used Cars as these are cheaper in price and provides more features like almost new cars for your next car....

Here is a link that might be useful: Cardatabase

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 1:53AM
More Discussions
rotor problems
I think I just got "taken for a ride" by...
jill1273
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™