uppholstering from car roof

frankb_cApril 10, 2006

The Upfolstering on the inside of the car is peeling away,

The cloth has dropped.

Like on our heads?

from Heat on driveway.

Is there something we could use to re-glue this without changing the whole inside?

Car is 11 years old.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westcoastbroke

I never had good luck re-glueing upholstery. On one car, I just removed it. Then I drop-clothed the interior, and rolled on a color-matched paint, with texture like the interior of a house. The car was louder without the roof padding, but it worked.

On the other car, I paid $200 for an upholstery shop to install a completely new roof liner.

11 years old says it's a 1994-1995. Might just be a poor adhesive selection from the manufacturer. On both my cars, I found that many other owners of the same car had the same problem at the same age. One of mine was a '77 Toyota, and it was only 8 years old, the other one was an '82 Volkswagen and it was 20 years old.

Bookmark   April 10, 2006 at 9:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andyf

Tried gluing a Navaho pattern material on my Comanche (Ha!) It was tapestry type heavy material.

Tried the spray glue and that didn't work, couldn't take the heat, then I mixed up a batch of fiberglass resin, that worked but I was there for half an hour pushing up sagging cloth as it dried. Truck stank for a week.

Andy

Bookmark   April 11, 2006 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Consumer reports
I can't find a Consumer Reports Used car buying guide....
evaf555
Brake fluid flush
I've had new brakes installed in the past. However,...
africanboy
want to purchase new Car
Hi guys .i want to purchase new car but I am confused..need...
Bill Payday
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Warning:Quaker State Oil Filters
Better check your filters really close. I used to simply...
andyf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™