Kitchenaid Dishwasher

ibjamminFebruary 10, 2014

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher model no. KUDP02CRBS1 that has me baffled. My wife was running the dishwasher when all of a sudden the door fell open in the middle of a cycle. I pulled the dishwasher out to see why the door fell open and found both door support cables broke. I replaced them and hook the dishwasher back up and tried to start it. I selected a cycle and then pressed the Start button and noticed there was a green light next to the Start button that blinked continuously and the dishwasher would not start. I have looked through the troubleshooting guide and could not find anything that covered this problem. Can somebody please help me. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakvis

Try canceling the cycle to reset the control and then retry to start a new cycle

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 7:02PM
weedmeister

the blinking light is a code. The number of blinks indicates the problem. If you search around on line, you can find what the code means, and how to reset it.

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 10:31PM
ibjammin

The green light blinks continuously without stopping which I figured was not a code.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 6:49PM
dadoes

Is the Start button the only one on the panel that doesn't work? Could be the button panel has coincidentally gone bad ... or maybe the connector cable for it loosened a little from the controller board from the shock of the door falling.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 7:45PM
ibjammin

The green light on every cycle button I push works except when I go to turn the dishwasher on by pushing the Start button and then it's green light just starts blinking nonstop like it thinks the door is still open. The dishwasher was working find until the door suddenly fell.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 11:52PM
ibjammin

Bump

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 8:07PM
bella0605

I am not sure about the green light but we just had the same door problem. I ordered a new "door balance kit" and it was an easy, fifteen minute fix, that I did myself. Have you tried turning the breaker off to see if that resets the light? Good luck.

Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 8:34AM
tommyjmcintosh

On mine, the green blinking light meant the door was not closed.

Bookmark   September 7, 2014 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Removal of Dishwasher Detergent Build-Up
I have a Miele dishwasher in a rental unit that has...
dimond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™