Griddle, grill or both on our new Wolf range?

LLee2February 5, 2014

We are trying to decide how practical it is to have these on our range or whether we should just go with the extra burners. Does anyone have a griddle or grill on their range or cooktop and how often do you use it, how is it to keep clean and looking nice and what do you use it for?

Thanks so much!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

Oops...just realized I already answered this on your other post
[deleted]

This post was edited by ctycdm on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 10:17

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 9:58AM
live_wire_oak

Be sure that you understand the additional venting requirements with a grill. You will already probably need make up air for your setup. You may be required to have heated make up air to replace the larger volume that will need to be exhausted with a grill. For some people, it's worth the extra $$$ to be able to grill indoors in MI this time of the year. For others, spending 10K just on a HRV (in addition to the vent and range) is nuts, and they'll deal with going out in the snow on the deck to use their Big Green Egg.

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 10:17AM
rwiegand

My previous range (Vilking) had a griddle, my current one (CC) has a grill. If I had the extra foot for a 48" range I'd love to have both. After the real griddle on the Viking the stovetop one just doesn't cut it because of the unevenness of the heat. I've always been very macho about grilling out in the snow, but I have to say it has been a pleasure to stay inside on some of these 10 degree, windy evenings.

There's only a few times when I've wished I had a fifth burner on the stovetop (and never six). The grill, griddle or both get a lot more use than a fifth burner. Adding a portable countertop induction unit for "surge capacity" might be sensible--with clustered burners the pots get awfully crowded to work on.

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™