Dairyland Insurance& accident claims ARGH!!!

loganladyApril 29, 2006

Hey has anyone had to deal with these jerks before-Dairyland??? My husband was broadsided by someone who is covered by them...CHP & NHP said the accident was totally her fault...husband is fine now but they have yet to return any calls or faxes about this claim. Our agent (w/AAA) is shocked at the lack of attention from them at all. She did hear that Dairyland is very slow on settling claims. Any ideas from people who have dealt with this as to how we can push them along? The accident is over 30 days now. Husband's truck finally got up in the rack at the bodyshop and they are looking at the frame to see if it is worth repairing or not. Thanks for any kind of info on this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gary__

If you had full coverage of your own, your insurance company should take care of your bills and deal with the other insurance company regardless. If you only had liablity there may be a problem. If the other driver was at fault (or not), had only liabliy, and DIDN'T file a claim AGAINST YOUR insurance company, your insurance company doesn't have a dog in the fight. If you file a claim with the other drivers insurance company, they can just send you a form letter that says their own investigation concluded that it was primarily your fault, have a nice life. In other words, go pound sand. Then you have to take the other party to court. Hopefully they're just slow, but it can happen just as I said.

Bookmark   April 29, 2006 at 12:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PHIL_HOTMAIL_COM

Man....isn't that the truth...I was in an accident almost a month ago with some jerk who passed me on the right after he jumped the curb and drove through the snow...sideswiping me, then he cut in front of me and slammed on his brakes...I had no chance to maneuver to get out of the way and rear ended him. The cops gave him the ticket but he lied so badly to Dairyland that they decided I was 30% at fault....you could have avoided rear ending him I was told....ya, ok, were you there?....the *&^$% I talked to was just that. She'll get a nice call from me after this is settled. Still waiting on a check to cover my damages....been over a week now...these guys SUCK!

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 8:03AM
More Discussions
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
Running rich?
01 Taurus, Vulcan motor.owned for 4 months. Ran ok...
stoveguyy
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™