diesel suv

bill_hApril 5, 2007

just saw it today, with a manufacturer plate on it, hyundai veracruz suv with a diesel. about the same size and shape as the new gmc acadia. was being tested out of the ann arbor mich hyundai/kia design shop. driver says they should be for sale in the u.s. late 08 or early 09. about time someone puts diesel in a affordable midsize suv.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Woo-hoo! Thanks for the report, bill!

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 10:05AM
christopherh

I just hope they are the new clean burning diesels. Because if they' aren't they won't be allowed in CA, NY, MA, ME, and VT.
I would buy a diesel tomorrow if they were allowed here. So I'm hoping for good news. But the Supremes have decided the EPA can regulate emissions and not need Congress, so the whole future is now in limbo.
I had a Bunny 26 years ago that got an honest 50 MPG. No gimmicks, no electric motors, no batteries. Just 50 MPG.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 7:56AM
valtog

We sold our bunny #2 about 5 years ago due to the fact that the body was going, but it still ran like a champ and got 50 mpg. Merging onto the highway required nerves of steel and on subzero days I had to wear my long johns...but I still loved her! DS is taking an autobody course at school ...wish now I put her up on blocks in the barn...

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 9:49AM
christopherh

My Bunny had the 4 speed, while another guy at work had the pickup with the 5 speed. Tha truck had good acceleration while yes, my Bunny had "same day acceleration". As we used to say "ZERO TO SIXTY...YES!"
But it really didn't matter all that much merging onto the Interstate in the morning. It was Rte 80 in North Jersey and everybody is going 5 MPH between 6 am and 9 am.
I am SO glad I moved away from there!

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 8:07AM
paparoseman

With the new standards in place for all new diesels this year they should be available in all states. At least by 09 they should be. Even heavy truck diesels have to pass very low emission level now for particulates.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 10:54PM
More Discussions
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Cost to replace a 99 Buick head Gasket
My grandson 99 Buick blew a head gasket after the thermostat...
iggie
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™