How to clean between seats?

ramriceApril 29, 2009

How do I vaccuum between my seats in the front of the car? The vaccuum nozzle won't fit. Is there any tool that is used to get the debris out? I have 2 bucket seats in the front, and I've run out of ideas. I don't want to pay an audto detailing place $120 just to do this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hardin

It is a tight fit. Believe it or not, but I had taped the tube that comes on a gas can to the end of my vacuum nozzle. It was long enough and skinny enough to reach down into those tight areas. But I am sure you would be able to buy something were you able to find it. I will look around and see if I can find something.

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 1:54PM
airforceguy

Believe it is called a "crevice" tool, Most vacuums come with one,it is just an attachment that fits onto ur hose, it is just long and thin, and gets into the hard to reach places. My shop vac came with one, even my Dyson home vacuum has 1.

Bookmark   April 29, 2009 at 2:50PM
john_g

The "easy" way is to simply unbolt the seat and move it out of the way. You will find that's only four bolts/nuts, and depending on the car one to a few wiring connectors that may or may not even need to be disconnected if you don't move the seat too far.

Bookmark   May 1, 2009 at 8:17AM
airforceguy

lol, I don't call that easy john,lol Of course I'm mechanically challenged!! One can find "crevice" tools at most Sears or Canadian Tires,home depots, just need to know the diameter of your hose.

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 8:09AM
arkansas_girl

What I always do is use a crevice tool and then I put the seat all the way back(then vacuum) and then all the way forward(then vacuum). I can get to everything that way.

Bookmark   May 5, 2009 at 9:09AM
More Discussions
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
Blown tire on a dying car........
Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission...
catherinet
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™