2004 Eddy Bauer Ford

urleeApril 25, 2011

On my 1998 Chevy S10, all the red lights (battery,brakes,check engine, etc.) show on the Instrument panel as I turn the key to start the engine. Then of course they go out.

Does the same hold true for the 2004 Eddy Bauer Ford Explorer? I was told there are red lights but no red light for the Battery when turning the key to start the engine?

How can one tell if the battery is about to fail or is there no warning of any kind? In other words, can you take your vehicle as usual to some place, shut it off and come back out to go home only to find it will not start (dead battery) when it always started with no problem prior? (nothing left on to drain the battery of course)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Does your Ford have a voltmeter on the instrument panel? If so, this may not be the best indicator of developing problems, but a good meter can show when the charging system is failing. With the battery charged and the engine running, it should show nearly 14 volts. If it shows 12 V or less, the charging system is not working.

Late model Chrysler vehicles have a built-in procedure for checking out instrument displays. It is activated by a series of switching by the ignition key. Check your owner's manual to see if you have similar.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 2:59AM
urlee

I have the Chevy S10.

The person who has the 2004 Eddy Bauer says it has all the red lights like I do except the battery one which I find hard to believe. That is why I am asking here.

I am speaking of when you first turn the key to start the engine.
If it uses the red lights, doesn't that mean a red light should go on if the battery is BO?

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 3:18PM
urlee

PS: My instrument panel is ALL gauges but the red lights show when I turn the key to start the engine.
Those red lights come on when there is trouble!

Urlee (S10)

Bookmark   April 30, 2011 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
want to purchase new Car
Hi guys .i want to purchase new car but I am confused..need...
Bill Payday
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™