Repair my vehicle before I trade it in?

susanb_TXMarch 15, 2010

I lease my cars. The car wash broke off my side mirror the day before I was trading in my last 2004 4Runner. They wouldn't repair it so I forked out almost $400 to have it repaired. Then someone told me I didn't have to do that to trade it in, that they didn't give me any more for the car than they would have if I hadn't fixed it.

Can someone tell me now - my lease expires in September on my new 2006 4Runner. It has a cracked windshield and the back bumper needs replacing. Is there any point in my having these things replaced. Will I get any less of a trade-in if they're not fixed? I'm not trading it in for another Toyota.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
airforceguy

What does ur lease agreement state?? Doesn't one have to turn in a lease in a certain condition, otherwise one has to pay for the repairs??

Bookmark   March 17, 2010 at 12:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_h

the lease agreement states the cond. the vehicle must be in when turned in. reality is you have a huge gray area, depending on who your next lease is with, what your turning in, if your using the same dealer etc. i`ve leased cars for years, most have been in average shape when i turn them in, last one a chevy i turned in with a big dent in the door and a cracked wind sheild, but the dealer was hard up to keep me as a customer and waived all charges. with the problems toyota is having, i`d say if you went with another toyota, they`d prob wave it, another brand no so likely. check around

Bookmark   March 23, 2010 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Lexus vs Toyota Avalon
OK guys, here is another one for you. (I apologize...
Lynne_SJO
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
pump keeps stopping when trying to fill gas tank
Hi! Can someone give me a clue what might be suddenly...
twinklenose
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Sponsored Products
Eliot Leather Ottoman - Brighton Energy Pink
Joybird Furniture
Zavaleta 'Abstract I' 3-piece Art Set
Overstock.com
Oxford Stripe Rug 7'5" x 10'10" - ORANGE/YELLOW
$899.00 | Horchow
Kalorik Stainless Steel Glass Cordless Electric Water Kettle