I can't do a panelled Warming draw with inset cabinets?

marioncohen1February 21, 2013

When I was ordering my inset cabinets today and writing that huge check my KD said I can't use the panelled warming draw i ordered with the inset cabinets as it will not be flush with the other drawers and look like an error. I am very disappointed as I wanted a warming draw since I am losing my 24 inch double oven.. I can leave it stainless steel but it needs to go right next to the 30 inch Wolf and think it will be an eyesore.. Any thoughts. You guys help so much. thanks
sammad2@aol.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

time to get a new designer !

one that can think and come up with real solutions, not one that can just sell or take orders.

but, I assume you wrote the check anyway so you are more than likely SOL.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 10:45PM
marcolo

What is the model of the warming drawer? Do you have a link to it? Look at the specs for the drawer, and see whether the drawer will only accept overlay panels. That is probably what the KD is talking about.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 11:13PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

You just have the cabinets made deeper. Not a big deal at all in most upper end lines. Now, if you're getting some Chinese upper end knockoffs, that's another story. Then your contractor will have to do extra work and block out additional space behind the cabinets and you'll have to order an extra deep skin to cover the exposed sides of the blocking. It's still not a big deal for any designer than actually knows what they are doing.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
When should a boiler-warranty start?
We have a dispute with the company, that installed...
doofus
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
Need Advice on Best Gas Range/Cooktop for Short Person
I will be getting either a new gas cooktop or a dual-fuel...
yaupon
36" Rangetop & Wall Ovens vs. 48" Range
Our current kitchen plans call for a 36" rangetop...
greasetrap
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™