looking for a quiet awd station wagon

elisa_z5March 12, 2014

Haven't been able to find noise information about the new AWD station wagons. My old Subaru (2004) is nice and quiet, but when I test drove a 2013 it was much louder. Does anyone have a recommendation for a quieter awd or 4wd station wagon? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

The Honda CR-V is quiet and AWD is available. Used AWD models run about $1000 more than the same model in FWD. The AWD option has more drive line noise than the FWD.

At highway speed, tire selection is a factor in overall noise level.

I haven't looked at Subaru, however, the Forester is on my list and Subaru does AWD right.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 2:00AM
airforceguy

We have a 2011 CRV AWD EX-L. I love my CRV, it is great, but one of the complaints it has--is noise level! I consider it quiet, but others don't agree,lol

Parents have an AWD Toyota Venza, love it, and I find it much quieter than my CRV, and its more of a station wagon!

I prefer my CRV over the venza, much nicer to drive, can see at all angles better. The one area where I do prefer the venza over the cRV is the venzas V6 engine! Very nice! If I wanted the bigger engine in the Crv (one really can't)--I would have to go to their Acura line up!!

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 9:33AM
elisa_z5

jemdandy and airforceguy -- thank you both so much for the input!

Time to test drive a few things :)

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 6:05PM
airforceguy

1 thing I should mention----Ensure you test drive the trim level you desire. Why:

When we initially looked at the CRV---the sales guy showed us the bare bones model! And we were like--not for us! and we moved on

1 day out of boredom and being that I love Honda/Acuras--I went to another dealer and the sales guy showed me the EX-L (top of the line minus a few options) what a difference!! Called the wife, she came by, test drove it and was in love!!

if you are in a big city with a lot of dealers--emailing the online salesguy may be ur best bet!! I emailed close to 20 Honda dealers in the DC area---told them exactly what I wanted and I planned to buy in less than 2 weeks time. And I wanted their BEST out the door price. Yes some just emailed back and said they would match the best price I would get. But I got some good offers. I phoned the top 5, to let them know I was real, and went from there!!

I armed myself with what was a good price by finding Honda CRV forums---and one 1 forum,they had a section called "What did you pay for your crv" There were a few in the DC area,with the same trim level, so I had a good idea! Plus there is a site called truecar.com that supposedly gets their info from banks and insurance companies!

So armed with the above info, I got a real good deal on my 2011 CRV EX-L--good enough that 1 salesman called me a liar when I told him the price I paid.

It is the people that do NOT do any research on prices, that pay too much, and allow a store to sell cheaper to u! Best of luck on the vehicle you choose and take the time to do the research!!

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 8:41PM
sushipup1

We have a CRV-EX-L with Nav coming on a truck this week, and I am so excited! The local dealer didn't have color/interior we wanted in stock (we're in a remote area, but you can check most dealers' inventory online), and instead of the dealer getting it elsewhere, we;re waiting a few (LONG!) days.

Good sources for prices are Kelley Blue Book or Costco. Our Costco price was 100 below Kelley. I'm not interested in a brow-beating battle over the last one or two hundred.

Can't wait!

This post was edited by sushipup on Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 10:59

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 1:37AM
airforceguy

Ensure u check out http://www.hondasuv.com/ and http://www.crvownersclub.com/ Lots of info and info on what other paid for their CRV.

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Car suddenly accelerats
This morning my wife was driving our 2013 Chrysler...
Dana015
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™