Problems with Bosch double ovens?

repacFebruary 4, 2012

My sister-in-law has a Bosch double oven (one convection/one thermal). After less than 2 years, both ovens have failed--one requires a seal repair, on the other the latch has failed. Neither oven can function until these issues have been repaired. This seems quite soon to have such problems with supposedly high quality ovens. Have others had any problems with these ovens?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbara9093

I have a Bosch double oven - one convection and one regular. I hate it. Mine is about 7 years old but has never functioned right. It takes forever to heat up. Even at 400 degrees, it seems to take forever for anything to cook. The heat is completely uneven - things burn toward the front. The broiler doesn't seem to broil at all. I usually end up using my toaster oven instead. I had repair people out several times and they just insist there's nothing wrong with it, so I've given up. It was a huge mistake to buy this oven.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 4:40PM
westsider40

I love my Bosch double ovens, 800 series, both convections. Mine has a fast preheat feature that really brings the time down to maybe 6-7 minutes to 350 from a cold start. Even results, large cavities, just about figured out all the doodads.

After it is shut off, it vents heat out of the lower front-righrt into the kitchen

So far, works very well.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 2:16AM
sas95

No problems yet. We have had ours for a year, one convection the other regular.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 9:42PM
More Discussions
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
Regret buying Kitchenaid double ovens...should I go with Bosch?
Newbie here...we are planning a remodel and I ordered...
lavalocks19
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™