Bathroom design

azpenFebruary 5, 2012

I'm remodeling my two baths that are back to back so I have some room to change things around. Currently my master bath only has a shower and I'm thinking of adding a separate bath tub to it. However, that means taking some space out of the guest/future kids bath. I wouldn't hesitate at all if we don't use the guest bath so much, but it is closest to the kitchen/dining/living area which means it gets used a lot. Currently there's room for a double sink, but expanding the master bath means no more of that. FYI we have no third bath. So what do you think, is a separate bath and shower really desirable in the master bath? We don't really take baths but it might be nice to have the option in the future. We do plan to stay in the house for a while, but it never hurts to think about resale value too.

Any other comments about the layout are welcome too! Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: layout drawing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

"We don't really take baths "

Then no, it's not worth it. Put a nicer tub in the 2nd bath that can serve as a shower bath and you'll have one in the house if needed. But unless you are a regular bather, it's not worth 20K just to put a tub in a bath that will never get used. (15K average bath remodel + minimum 5K for structural and plumbing changes)

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 7:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azpen

Thank you for weighing in! Money may not be a big issue but it's still not worth it if we never use it.

Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 12:40AM
More Discussions
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Thinking about the new Bain Geysair Oval Plus. Opinions/Exp?
Hi, I think this really is the time we are actually...
raehelen
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™