towel warmer, can't find one that fits under the window

MatsutakeFebruary 2, 2013

I am looking for a shiny hardwired, electric towel warmer powerful enough to provide some heat in the room, that is relatively wide and squat. It's been two days now that I have been scraping the corners of the web and it seems like they are all tall ... I've looked at Runtal, Myson, and others with no luck. Ideally it would be 19 inches or less tall and 50-60 inches wide (I have more flexibility with the length). The window is 32 inches above the floor, but once you count baseboard and sill, I have 19 inches to play with.... argh.

I was hoping to stay away from floor mounted.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This post was edited by Matsutake on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 17:06

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I suspect it's hard to find because, once you mount the towel warmer on the wall, it's only 12" off the floor which isn't much space to hang a towel. Mine is the size of a bath towel folded in half, so when I hang the towel, it gets the whole thing warm.

In my mother's old bathroom she had a wall hung electric heater and her regular towel bar was over it...it kept any towels she hung on the bar nice and toasty.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 9:56PM
Olychick

This company has some pretty small ones. I thought perhaps the swivel ones might work, if you could mount beside the window (the mounting piece is larger than your space) but the warmer bars then swivel into place under the window. But they also have custom made ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: custom towel warmers

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 1:26AM
nancyk

I would like to see some Amba towel warmers in person but cannot find any information on dealer showrooms.

Bookmark   February 3, 2013 at 8:06PM
More Discussions
American Standard Town Square Toilet
Does anyone here have the American Standard Town Square...
mrsdindinbaby
Quality Pocket Door Frames?
(Please accept my apology for the duplicate post -...
ahmnj
WWYD - Mosaic tile accents?
Starting to try to figure out some of the decor details...
numbersjunkie
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Ledges, niches and shelves
In our first remodel, we did niches (don't like them),...
sjhockeyfan325
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™