Truck Rear Window Replacement

mister_hMarch 12, 2007

My 01 Dakota rear window got shattered by a loosened cargo on the bed that I was carrying. A dealer is quoting me total of $700 for parts (sliding type) & labor.

Is the rear window replacement on a truck much different or more difficult than the front windshield?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blue_fastback

I dont know about Dodge but my Ford window would unbolt fron the inside. Check with you local auto glass company. They are generally much less expensive.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 4:08PM
mister_h

OK, I will check for any bolts holding the rear window. It appeared it's only glued on.
By the way, I found a web store selling a slidingr rear wondow for only $200... hopefully a good quality one.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 4:15PM
quirkyquercus

One time I had to bash in the sliding window of one of my trucks because I got locked out in a deserted place. It was a long time ago and don't really remember what it cost but I know it didn't cost $700. I took it to harmon or one of those glass shops and watched as they took out the whole rear window then dook out the sliding part and put in a new sheet of glass. It was a lot more labor than I thougt but I know I wasn't all that upset because it wasn't much. Maybe $50-$100 somewhere in there.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 8:19PM
candy1965

He DOES NOT want to know about your stupid FORD ! He has a DODGE !!! Read the post title you moron !!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Posted by blue_fastback (My Page) on Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 16:08

I dont know about Dodge but my Ford window would unbolt fron the inside. Check with you local auto glass company. They are generally much less expensive

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 2:03AM
quirkyquercus

Well thanks for that kind, helpful and thoughtful post.
Must be from the south.

Bookmark   March 16, 2007 at 9:24PM
quirkyquercus

Ugh I was wrong. Southern California. Gee and I thought everyone there was so friendly.

Bookmark   March 16, 2007 at 9:27PM
bulldinkie

My hubby was thinking of going from Ford to Dodge when he saw how cheap the inside was he decided to stay with Ford.....

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™