winter tires

joe_mnMarch 17, 2010

i have a set of 1/2 worn blizzaks on my car. i need to buy all season tires before summer. i do have a set of summer tires but they are down to 1/4 tread and probably not worth having mounted. mounting/balancing is not cheap so why not put it towards new tires? maybe i can sell the blizzaks for $50 and get someone to buy them. or find another set of rims?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kalining

Yah. And your point ?

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 7:45PM
gary__

**...not put it towards new tires? maybe i can sell the blizzaks for $50 and get someone to buy them. or find another set of rims?**

Or leave the blizzaks on and wear them out the rest of the way this summer, and then replace them with a good set of all season tires. Mounting and dismounting 2 sets of tires on one set of wheels is a waste of money imo. If you want dedicated winter tires, buy a set of cheep rims and pay only once for mounting and balancing. jmo

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 8:11PM
joe_mn

we bought a car 3yrs ago in june and it came with blizzaks. good shape. 3/4tread. the guy threw in a set of Z rated tires with 1/4 tread. put them on and than got AS tires in november. kept blizzaks for my car. we had 4 cars at the time that all used the same size tire. put blizzaks on 1 car and sold it the next spring. been warm here. 60's for mn is not normal. son has car in duluth. they get lots of snow so i don't think winter is over for them yet. will get AS tires for his car in may? than get rid of blizzaks.

Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
pump keeps stopping when trying to fill gas tank
Hi! Can someone give me a clue what might be suddenly...
twinklenose
Blown tire on a dying car........
Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission...
catherinet
rotor problems
I think I just got "taken for a ride" by...
jill1273
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™