winter tires

joe_mnMarch 17, 2010

i have a set of 1/2 worn blizzaks on my car. i need to buy all season tires before summer. i do have a set of summer tires but they are down to 1/4 tread and probably not worth having mounted. mounting/balancing is not cheap so why not put it towards new tires? maybe i can sell the blizzaks for $50 and get someone to buy them. or find another set of rims?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kalining

Yah. And your point ?

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 7:45PM
gary__

**...not put it towards new tires? maybe i can sell the blizzaks for $50 and get someone to buy them. or find another set of rims?**

Or leave the blizzaks on and wear them out the rest of the way this summer, and then replace them with a good set of all season tires. Mounting and dismounting 2 sets of tires on one set of wheels is a waste of money imo. If you want dedicated winter tires, buy a set of cheep rims and pay only once for mounting and balancing. jmo

Bookmark   March 21, 2010 at 8:11PM
joe_mn

we bought a car 3yrs ago in june and it came with blizzaks. good shape. 3/4tread. the guy threw in a set of Z rated tires with 1/4 tread. put them on and than got AS tires in november. kept blizzaks for my car. we had 4 cars at the time that all used the same size tire. put blizzaks on 1 car and sold it the next spring. been warm here. 60's for mn is not normal. son has car in duluth. they get lots of snow so i don't think winter is over for them yet. will get AS tires for his car in may? than get rid of blizzaks.

Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Car
Need AWD Dodge Magnum RT
1stjfpintor
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
Sponsored Products
Luna Winter Gold Two-Light Sconce
$89.00 | Bellacor
Oklahoma State Ultra-soft Oversize Throw Blanket
Overstock.com
Shatterproof Iced Ornaments
Grandin Road
Dirt Defender Oval Rugged Mesh Above Ground Winter Pool Cover Multicolor - BWC62
$53.23 | Hayneedle
Hammary Oasis Demilune Sofa Table
Beyond Stores
Safavieh Handmade Soho Chrono Black/ Ivory N. Z. Wool Rug (3'6 x 5'6')
Overstock.com
Chocolate Blackout Grommet Panel - Set of Two
$29.99 | zulily
Capital Lighting 9653WG Foyer Winter Gold Pendant
Littman Bros Lighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™