Kohler Bancroft and Memoirs toilets--do you love yours?

threeapplesFebruary 18, 2013

I am having a hard time finding reviews on either of these with the elongated seat and comfort height. Do they perform well? I was also looking at American Standard Retrospect, but found a post describing how the tight curve of the flush pattern makes for lots of clogs. I'm going for a traditional look so I don't want anything modern and we want to stay in the $300 or less range. thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Mom & Dad have the Memoirs one piece comfort height elongated seat toilet and have had no problems with it. The 2 piece round front standard height Memoirs in their powder room on the other hand has had clogging issues. Just to throw a little extra in the mix, they both agree that the Kohler Portrait 2 piece comfort height elongated toilet in the basement is the best toilet in the house.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 9:14PM
threeapples

Thank you, that was very helpful :)

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:13AM
outsideplaying_gw

We have Memoirs 2-pc Stately comfort height elongated seat toilets in 2 baths and another Memoirs (can't remember which one but it's also elongated and comfort height) in another. All 3 have performed beautifully in the 16 years since they have been installed. Have only had to replace the usual inner tank parts on occasion and a couple of seats. All are 1.6 gpf. They last.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 3:47PM
lascatx

We have 2 of the Memoirs elongated comfort height (MB and powder room) and 2 Cimaron elongated comfort height in the two upstairs baths. We are happy with all four, but I especially like the Memoirs. One was installed a few years ago and the others were installed last summer.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
White tubs not really white?
For our new build, I have chosen Imperial Blanco white...
mom2sulu
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
recommend sink for combo powder/bath
am planning combo laundry/half bath. side by side washer...
elleninmaine
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Tere-stone anyone?
Does anyone have any experience with Tere-stone as...
coffeehaus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™