Kohler Bancroft and Memoirs toilets--do you love yours?

threeapplesFebruary 18, 2013

I am having a hard time finding reviews on either of these with the elongated seat and comfort height. Do they perform well? I was also looking at American Standard Retrospect, but found a post describing how the tight curve of the flush pattern makes for lots of clogs. I'm going for a traditional look so I don't want anything modern and we want to stay in the $300 or less range. thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

Mom & Dad have the Memoirs one piece comfort height elongated seat toilet and have had no problems with it. The 2 piece round front standard height Memoirs in their powder room on the other hand has had clogging issues. Just to throw a little extra in the mix, they both agree that the Kohler Portrait 2 piece comfort height elongated toilet in the basement is the best toilet in the house.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 9:14PM
threeapples

Thank you, that was very helpful :)

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:13AM
outsideplaying_gw

We have Memoirs 2-pc Stately comfort height elongated seat toilets in 2 baths and another Memoirs (can't remember which one but it's also elongated and comfort height) in another. All 3 have performed beautifully in the 16 years since they have been installed. Have only had to replace the usual inner tank parts on occasion and a couple of seats. All are 1.6 gpf. They last.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 3:47PM
lascatx

We have 2 of the Memoirs elongated comfort height (MB and powder room) and 2 Cimaron elongated comfort height in the two upstairs baths. We are happy with all four, but I especially like the Memoirs. One was installed a few years ago and the others were installed last summer.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
Cast Iron, Soaking, Free Standing Tub?
That is what I think I want, but I'm not finding very...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™