Lucky and relieved.

westranchMarch 19, 2008

Recently, my 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS appeared to start having shifting problems with the four speed overdrive transmission. I was prepared to hear the news that the transmission needed a complete overhaul. The car just turned 100k miles. After dropping the car off at a trusted, local repair garage, I got the phone call that the car still had the original spark plugs, wires, distributor, etc. It was strongly suggusted that I get a complete tuneup. I almost burned the starter up when I went to start the car for the first time after the tuneup. It started so quickly. I think I'll only go ten years between tuneups now. I've learned my lesson.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mxyplx

You and my brother-in-law. He told me his pickup (190,000 miles) had a rumble that had been getting worse the last few years, especially on his last trip to Montana. I crawled under and shook the U-joints. The rear joint was so sloppy you'd want to go sit in a corner and cry. I mean it was way past being beat to death. When I showed it to him he said, "Well, I got 190,000 miles out of it".

Bookmark   March 19, 2008 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™